Do you know how much you are loved? Want to?

"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." Click on 'Accepting Jesus' in resources to learn more of His love for you.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Squeeze the Day

Lemon in water is known to aid digestion.  Some claim it cleanses and detoxes the body, however further research has proven this is not a function lemon in water can perform.  Anyway, recently as I finished up a meal in a restaurant, it got me thinking about some things.  Ride this train with me for a few minutes?

Trials we face in our lives are sometimes long and tedious.  As the pressure weighs on us, we can become a lemon.  Sour reflects on our face as bitterness thins our lips and narrows our eyes.  Sharp and acidic can manifest in our relationships with cutting remarks or a hardening heart.  The very air around someone this hurt can be caustic, abrasive, keeping others away when they need them most.
We all face hardships.  Trials are a part of our day to day, whether it’s a rude driver or a grieving friend, we are affected by their actions.  Our reactions impact them, those around them, and ourselves.  I have my moments, we all do, when we are overwhelmed, failing to turn our eyes off ourselves and onto Jesus.  I often ponder – Am I generous of spirit to others?  Am I forgiving without being asked?   Do I apologize and ask forgiveness for my words and actions?  Do I speak with a loving voice?  Do I share with a giving heart?  Do I seek to understand with a teachable spirit?    
In John 16:33b, Jesus tells us “In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."   He paid it all for us to have everlasting life with Him in heaven once we leave this world.  He tells us in John 7:8 “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”  He pours into us expecting us to pour into others.  Without His sacrifice and our acceptance of that gift, we do not have that eternal lifegiving water!  
I’m telling myself now, go to the well daily, and return throughout the day, to be filled with the living water of Christ.  Share this water with all who are thirsty.  Believing in Him provides us with the perfect solution into which we can ‘squeeze the day’ to stomach those sour moments.




No comments:

Post a Comment